Rules Compliance Program
The Rules Compliance Program (RCP) is required for coaches of grades 7-12 and will be available later this summer.
Rules, Guidelines, and Materials
- Preseason Practices Outside the School Year Regulations (updated for 2013)
- Pre-Season Football Practice Limitations Q and A
- 2014-2015 Rule Changes
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Program Regulations
- Sport Season Dates and Number of Games Allowed 2014-15
- Charitable Cause Guidelines
- Round Robin Scheduling
- Off Season and Non-School Participation Regulations
- Booster Club Guidelines
Educational & Training Programs
Policy and Administration
- Constitution & Contest Rules
- Eligibility Standards for UIL Contests
- No Child Left Behind - AYP Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Courses Eligible for No Pass No Play Exemption
- UIL Anabolic Steroid Testing Program Information
- Superintendent Reporting Requirements Under the Disciplinary Proceedings for Educators
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CSIET Approved Program List for Foreign Exchange Students
The UIL provides services to its member schools in the organization and administration of region and state championships in 14 sports. The athletics homepage is designed to provide information on all UIL sponsored sports.
Athletics News & Updates
Week 2 Football Playoff Telecasts
The week 2 football playoff games listed in this document will be telecast or webcast.
Inclement Weather and the Football Playoffs
There is the potential for rain and perhaps severe weather in areas of the state tonight and tomorrow.
The decision on starting a football playoff game rests with the facility hosting the game, the schools participating in that game and the officials assigned to that game. Once the game is started, the decision on continuing or suspending the game rests with the officials in consultation with facility personnel about the weather.
If the game cannot be completed by the deadline (Saturday, Nov. 22), a school administrator should call the UIL office and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to incoming inclement weather, the 2014 UIL Team Tennis State Tournament has been postponed. The Team Tennis State Tournament will be played Thursday and Friday, November 6-7 at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center on the Texas A&M University campus.
Tickets for the 2014 UIL Football State Championships being played at AT&T Stadium are available for purchase. Tickets may be purchased online through ticketmaster.com.
Track and Field Championship Format
Explanation of the Track and Field postseason meets.