Rules Compliance Program
The Rules Compliance Program (RCP) is required for coaches of grades 7-12 and will be available later this summer.
Rules, Guidelines, and Materials
- Preseason Practice Regulations Activities Outside the School Year (updated)
- Pre-Season Football Practice Limitations Q and A
- 2014-2015 Rule Changes
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Program Regulations
- Sport Season Dates and Number of Games Allowed 2014-15
- Charitable Cause Guidelines
- Round Robin Scheduling
- Off Season and Non-School Participation Regulations
- Booster Club Guidelines
Educational & Training Programs
Policy and Administration
- Constitution & Contest Rules
- Eligibility Standards for UIL Contests
- No Child Left Behind - AYP Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Courses Eligible for No Pass No Play Exemption
- UIL Anabolic Steroid Testing Program Information
- Superintendent Reporting Requirements Under the Disciplinary Proceedings for Educators
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CSIET Approved Program List for Foreign Exchange Students
The UIL provides services to its member schools in the organization and administration of region and state championships in 14 sports. The athletics homepage is designed to provide information on all UIL sponsored sports.
Athletics News & Updates
2016 Basketball Ticket Information
Due to the postponement of ticket sales, the 2016 Member School ticket order forms are being processed now and will be mailed out to member school superintendents, principals, athletic directors, and basketball coaches in September.
General Public All-Tournament ticket sales will begin May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM through Ticketmaster.
All-Tournament tickets may be purchased through the following options beginning May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM:
- Participating Ticketmaster locations
- Calling Ticketmaster by phone at 1-800-745-3000
- Alamodome box office - walk-up ONLY (no personal checks will be accepted)
Girls State All-Tournament Ticket...............................................$75.00*
Boys State All-Tournament Ticket.............................................$100.00*
Children 2 years of age and younger (not occupying a seat)..............FREE
*Additional fees may apply.
If there are any issues or questions with ticket orders, please contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
Softball and Baseball Limitations with STAAR Testing
According to section 33.0812 (a) and (e) of the Texas Education Code:
Sec. 33.0812. SCHEDULING EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.
(a) The State Board of Education by rule shall prohibit participation in a University Interscholastic League area, regional, or state competition:
(1) on Monday through Thursday of the school week in which the primary administration of assessment instruments under Section 39.023(a), (c), or (l) occurs; or
(2) if the primary administration of the assessment instruments is completed before Thursday of the school week, beginning on Monday and ending on the last school day on which the assessment instruments are administered.
(e) This section does not apply to testing dates on which assessment instruments are administered only to students retaking assessment instruments.
It is the responsibility of each school to evaluate the testing calendar for students in their school to make determinations on participation in post season contests.
*Notes on STAAR testing
- If any student in the school is taking any test at any time that day (excluding those administered only to students retaking assessment instruments as noted above), no playoff game can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, as required by state law.
- Once testing is complete for the week, teams may schedule playoff games beginning the following day, provided they remain in compliance with UIL rules for scheduling playoff games.
- On Friday, when there are timed tests that end at a time certain, with school approval teams could travel no earlier than 30 minutes after the scheduled end of tests on Friday.
- If any test for any student on a team involved in a post-season contest occurs on Friday and is an untimed test, travel for that team is not permitted until the end of the school day.
- If there are conflicts between a playoff series and the state track meet, it is recommended (but not required) that schools schedule only a onegame series.
*** All dates, times, and materials are subject to change.
6A Golf State Tournament Course Change
The Legacy Hills Golf Course at Sun City Texas Golf Club is replacing the University of Texas Golf Club as the site for the 2015 6A UIL Golf State Championships. All dates and times remain the same.
The practice round date is still Sunday, April 26. Monday and Tuesday, April 27-28, remain the two tournament dates. The coaches meeting remains Sunday, April 26 at 2 p.m.
Update to Boys Basketball Playoff Schedule
Continuing weather concerns and potentially hazardous travel conditions in several areas of the state have led UIL to provide for an extension of the certification deadline for the area round of the playoffs for boys basketball to Monday, March 2.
As a result the UIL will also allow for an extension of the boys basketball regional quarterfinal certification deadline to Wednesday, March 4. At this time, there are no plans to extend the regional quarterfinal round of the boys basketball playoffs beyond Wednesday.
Extended Boys Basketball Area deadline: March 2
Extended Boys Basketball Regional Quarterfinal deadline: March 4
Weather and Basketball Playoffs
As a result of continuing weather concerns and travel conditions in several areas of the state, UIL has issued the following information regarding the deadline for the area round of the playoffs for boys basketball and regional basketball tournaments for girls basketball.
Boys Basketball - The certification deadline is scheduled for Saturday, February 28th. Schools that are unable to complete the area round playoff game prior to this deadline should notify the UIL office immediately upon that decision being reached. There could be an option to extend the deadline for the area round boys basketball playoff deadline to Monday of next week. At this time, there would be no allowance for participation in an area round playoff game on Sunday.
Girls Basketball – The regional deadline is Saturday, February 28th. UIL has been in communication with impacted regional tournament directors and have indicated that there are several options available for completion of the regional tournament. Regional directors and school administrators have been advised to make decisions on game days and times based on what is safest for student athletes, coaches and fans traveling to the games. These options could include an allowance for game(s) to be played on Sunday if that becomes necessary.
Updated game times are being posted on the UIL Playoff Brackets as they become available.